Monday, May 31, 2010

Of Cutting, and Cakes, and Shopping, Oh My!

Alright, so I can't be the only one out there that absolutely hates cutting. Whether it be with a rotary cutter or an actual pair of scissors, I just can't seem to get the hang of it. My angles never measure up (even if I do measure a bajillion times)!

I have been reading these super awesome blogs about cakes, icing, fondant, and wonderful cuteness. So being the explorer I am, I decided to do such on my own. While it's alright, I think that the fondant will not be made again. I won't be putting the websites up for the fondant recipe and instructions up due to my uneventful-ness, but if anyone wants the site I'll be happy to give it to you! I think it just may have been a little too much for the cake I made, and I may have had it a *weensy* bit too thick. Maybe. Or positively. Either way it took more time for me than what I would readily have on hand for baking a cake. I will, however, give the link for the homemade buttercream icing! This stuff is insanely yummy. My mother actually took a spoon and cleaned out the mixing bowl! I will say it's definitely not your average icing, and I love it :).

Went to our local Wal-Mart (because that's basically all we have) to get some groceries and stuff. The whole time through the store I kept on thinking to myself that I was forgetting something, even though I remembered to get the elastic thread (shirring, anyone?). I get home and not ten minutes after I realize I wanted embroidery hoops. AH! This has to be the 5th time I've happened to forget them. I must tattoo this on my arm until next shopping day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make me super happy :)