Sunday, May 30, 2010

Yet Another Day

So here goes to another post, bloggers!!

These past few days have been hectic, and - unfortunately - near quilt free. With the holiday weekend upon us, it's been hot days, cool nights, and shindigs that require my presence. I've gone to two birthday/graduation parties, and at 4 other peoples houses for a grill time.

Luckily today I was able to get back to my machine and supplies and get something done around here. I finished adding my third piece to each of my strips so now I'm totally ready to start cutting for my three in one quilt pattern. Wish me luck, guys!

Speaking of said three in one, I was thinking about adding a little something to make it my own, and then submitting one of those beauties for the mini quilt swap. What a way to kill two birds with one stone, right? Good times.

I found an old apron mom had hanging up decorating the kitchen. Yes, I've seen it a million times in the kitchen, but today I really looked at it. It's absolutely gorgeous, and I believe that I will make one for myself! I have so many new ideas to try out, but sadly my pocketbook doesn't have the same ambition ;).

Before leaving the house for said shindigs yesterday, I got my cakes in the oven and baked. They're sitting in the freezer right now, chilling out so I can get the ingredients to make the icing and fondant to decorate said cake. This is another new adventure I'm taking on, but the more the merrier, right?

Alright, enough time on here, it's back to the cutting board I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make me super happy :)