Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Brand Spankin' New

I always associated that 'line' with brand spankin' new music. I guess it fits because music is such a large part of my life.

To be honest, I actually started this blog due to the finding of a few *ahh-mazing** blogs I've stumbled upon. I'm blogging at work, currently, so I can remember one being p.s. i quilt by Rachel, and another being jaybird quilts.

If you couldn't gather by the two blogs mentioned above: Yes - I am a quilter. Not seasoned, just barely with her first stitches under the belt. I began this endeavor in February, and finished up my first quilt in the beginning of April. I'm such a slacker! Twas a sampler quilt, and made a fine lap quilt. It took so long for multiple reasons: First and foremost, I was terrified of beginning something that I had to teach myself. (bought an e-book and taught myself quilting so far). Secondly, I was dreading adding the sashing strips and border. I have an older Singer model sewing machine set up on an old table that my mother refuses to move the tablecloth off, scared it'll get scratched. I wasn't looking forward to actually quilting my fabrics together, again due to the older machine. It took forever to find a walking foot to accommodate my poor machine, and even then I can only use straight stitches. No cute, fancy quilting for me :(. As I mentioned, that piece is finally finished, and I've finished the top for my second quilt. That was a project that I bought the pattern from my local quilt shop - Calico Patch. All I have left is to quilt it together, add binding, and applique the stars! I'll post pictures if I can ever remember to charge my camera, haha!

I've been rooting around trying to find some cute new patterns, and the jackpot has been found! Not only did the Calico Patch have a cute pattern for a 3-in-1 with a jelly roll, there are beautiful tutorials online that I'm just itching to dig my fingers into! I'm not sure how long I can keep my resolve to only have one project on the fire at once, they're all so cute!

NOW, after all that exhausting blubber, you might want to know a little about myself ;). If anyone (haha, right) has any questions I can go back and edit this thing, I presume. My name is Stephanie, but most people call me Steph or Steffi. Whatever floats yer boat :). I'm 23 ( a pisces) and engaged. I graduated college with an associates degree, and am currently living at home with my parents until we ( manly-man and I, i mean) can find a decent place to live. erm. well, my fav color is pink, but I'm pretty happy with all colors. I love LOVE paisley prints, and girly prints. I live in a small town in Kentucky, and talk like you'd probably expect me to - twang and all :). I love a good sweet tea, and baking. Sucker for animals - which I have three of. A massive cat, a yorkshire terrier, and a beagle/basset hound mix.

Hopefully I'll find some kindred spirits on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make me super happy :)