Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's Been A While

Okay, so I've come to the conclusion that no matter what kind of blog I have, it'll never be updated daily. I've tried LJ, and also Xanga. I think I also had one on diaryland or something like that when I was younger, and that didn't work out, either.

Big thanks to KarrieLyne at FreckledWhimsy for giving me a heads up on a mini quilt swap! I've not done this, and figured it would be an awesome adventure! It's called Another Little Quilt Swap 4 and if anyone else is interested, you can find the info here. As much fun as it seems like it would be, I don't know if I want another project on my plate :P

For my patriotic quilt, I got the binding finished, and washed and dried it yesterday. Now all that's left is to add the star applique on the sides, and I'm finished! Well that and the label :) i'm so excited for this, you have no idea. I'll post pictures probably tomorrow with the finished product (I'll be sewing tonight, ladies!)

i also have a quilt trio i'm still working on. it's, however, on a standstill because I wanted to get my other quilt finished in time for the ending of the bloggers quilt festival. I may just keep it on a current halt while i create my mini quilt for the swap. Who knows, I may have crazy amounts of projects at one time :)

Another thing to mention, is that instead of using yet another pattern to try to quilt, I have decided to come up with my own little design. I admit that I've seen quilts like it before, but I'll be putting a small twist on it to make it my own. I never figured that i'd be making my own creations! Especially at such an early stage in this project!

wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make me super happy :)