Sunday, June 13, 2010

Feeling of Accomplishment

So tonight I got busy sewin', and finished two quilt tops. Granted they're small lap-quilts, but I do feel like I've done something today. I haven't been sewing much since I got back from North Carolina last weekend, and I guess all that pent up sewing just had to get out, eh?

Now, the 3-in-1 quilt set is finally pieced and ready for some basting! One small problem is that I need to go buy some fabric for the backing and binding. Whoops :) I just LOVE fabric shopping!

There are so many new projects that I'd love to start working on now that the Pride and Glory and trio are finished. I started an apron that I quickly lost interest in. I don't think I'll ever be making any dresses or shirts or anything. Making cuffs and seams just isn't worth it!

Unfortunately, I think I may have worn out my old Singer sewing machine. I not only broke a needle in the middle of the sashing, but it's starting to skip stitches, the feed dogs aren't pulling like they should, and my tension is all wonky. I'll take it to the doctor as soon as I can, really. After all, I can't even finish the tops I have now if my machine won't work, right?

Which also reminds me... I know that for one of my Christmas presents I'll be receiving a new sewing machine. I've been looking at the Brother PC-420. Does anyone recommend this machine? Also, what are some good sewing machines for quilting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make me super happy :)